Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Anyone Remember Little Kiddles Dolls?

  1. #11
    rolloverrover
    Guest rolloverrover's Avatar

    Post

    Yes, her hair did grow. Chrissie and Velvet were cousins. Velvet had blond hair and Chrissie had red hair. They had buttons on their stomachs that if you pressed,their hair would "grow," and they had a bigger thing on their backs that you'd wind to retract the hair to make it shorter.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Molly-Felicity's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2004
    Posts
    471
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I remember the Little Kiddles. I was telling my 9 year old daughter about them not long ago. I only had one, I was more of a Barbie fan. I had Barbie, Ken, Francie, Skipper, Ricky (Skipper's boyfriend), Stacy (Barbie's English Friend) and Tutti and Todd (Barbie's youngest sister and brother.) I also did the family thing.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank You for that link because now I know I had Sleeping Beauty! My eyes about popped seeing that! I haven't seen a Liddle Kiddle since I was little and seeing Sleeping Beauty brought back a heap of memories of my sisters and I playing. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

    I had a coloring book about Liddle Kiddles that I spent hours on. I don't remember what the cover looked like but there was a page where the Liddle Kiddles slid down a spoon handle into a bowl of Cheerios. I'd give anything to see that coloring book again and read the cute story.

    I still have my Crissy doll and all the gorgeous clothing my mom sewed for it and the trunk my dad made to hold everything. I'll have to get it out sometime and take some photos for you all.

    Julia

  4. #14
    Inactive Member AGMommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2004
    Posts
    205
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Amy Jo, yes, there was another doll like Chrissy. Her name was 'Tressy,' and I think she had a key, that you twisted (hidden in her back?) as you gently tugged at her hair to get it to 'grow.'

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Felicity Merriman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2004
    Posts
    131
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I never had any Little Kiddles, but I think they're really cool! I love late 60's/early 70's stuff! My mom thinks she used to have some, but she defintely had Penny Brite. She also said she had the Penny Brite doll house, and she rememebers there was a hair salon in it. She thought Barbies were scary looking, and only owned one from 1965, when Barbie got a make-over, and twist-and-turn waist.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member dornroeschen's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    1,053
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I didn't know they had a name, but I remember we had one or two of them too, although I don't remember where we got them from.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Judi, you must be close to my age! (Or, maybe younger.) I received a little kiddle for my 9th birthday in 1966!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, I was born in 1963 and I had a Chrissy doll. She had hair the color of Felicity from what I remember. She was thin and hard bodied and had the long pony tail coming out of her head when you pushed a button on her abdomen? When I was a young girl I had a friend in the neighborhood about my age. My neighbor's mom was a great seamtress. She sewed a huge and beautiful wardrobe for my friend's Chrissy dollincluding fur coats and ballgowns. My friend was somewhat of a tomboy and grew out of dolls at an early age. She didn't take care of her Chrissy or the clothes her Mom sewed for her, so one day her Mom gave me all the Chrissy clothes she had so loving sewed for her daughter. I was thrilled and didn't know the real story behind this gift - that my neighbor and her Mom had an argument about her poor caretaking of her toys.

    I played Chrissy and the clothes a lot and kept them in great shape. The years went by and my neighbor and I both grew up and had our own kids. My neighbor happened to have 2 daughters when I had only 2 sons (my DD was born years later). I went into my storage and found the Chrissy and all her pretty clothes and gave them back to my childhood friend after having kept them for about 20 years. My friend was so amazed and happy. Her Mom died shortly afterward of colon cancer. This is my "Chrissy" story.

  8. #18
    ponydreamer
    Guest ponydreamer's Avatar

    Post

    I had Chrissy's friend or cousin? Her name was Mia. I still have her. She had dark hair, and is the same size as Velvet.

    DH's grandma lived across the street from me. When he was little, his family lived in another town about four hours away, and they would come up on weekends and stay with his grandparents. He has a sister that is three years older than me. She had Chrissy, and scads upon scads of clothes that her mother made for her. She would bring all of it, and we would play for hours. Her mom, ( now my MIL) would make Chrissy clothes for craft sales. She'd make matching outfits for her daugher, and her daughter would wear those outfits to the craft sales. My SIL still has all of that stuff. I love it when she takes it all out, and we look at it.

    Mia is my very favorite childhood doll. My mother picked her out, but my dad gave her to me for Christmas one year.

    By the way...I thought DH was irritating as a child. He thought the same thing of me. He says he remembers that I had long, "stringy" blonde hair. I remember we went shopping downtown one time, and I had the audacity to ask him for some of his money! He gave me a nickle, and said, " That's all....don't ask for more." That should have been a sign of things to come. LOL.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Momof2agfans's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 4th, 2004
    Posts
    149
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I remember the ones in the perfume bottles. A few years ago when we went to Salvation Army to look for an "Old fashioned" dress for a school project, I ran across one in a display case. It sure brought back memories. Disturbed me a little though, because only the "Antiques" are kept in the display cases. [img]redface.gif[/img] I still have a brown-haired and a blond Dawn doll and a few dresses. I had the fashion runway, but Dad threw that out years ago. [img]frown.gif[/img] This summer I plan to get out all my barbie/dawn dolls and show the girls what kind of toys I had growing up.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member mandasmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2003
    Posts
    326
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I had little kiddles too-I think a few of them are upstairs in my Barbie cases. I had one in the locket in 6th grade and I remember keeping it inside my desk to decorate it. I thought it was so cute. I also had a Cinderella little kiddle that came with a fold out castle. One side was her house with the fireplace and the other side was the prince's castle with the staircase for her to lose her slipper on. I took pretty good care of my toys, but my nephew loved that castle and played with it a lot, so if it's still in my folk's house, it's probably pretty trashed. I still have some of my trolls, and my troll tree house-you guys are making me want to go through the attic the next time I go home!

    My family never throws away anything, so I'm lucky enough to have all of my old Barbies (not to mention most of my other old dolls!) I had Barbie (with a head w/3 wigs) Alan (I never had a Ken doll-poor Alan married everyone) Skipper, Ricky, Francie, Casey, Tutti, her friend Chris, and Stacy. I also had the Twiggy barbie, but gave it to Toys for Tots in high school when student council was having a toy drive. I gave her because she looked new and had her original gogo boots, dress and earings-dumb, dumb, dumb! My daughter and her friends actually liked playing with my old Barbies better than their new ones, because with the hard plastic/non-bending legs the clothes went on so much easier.

    One of my favorite dolls when I was little was the Baby's Hungry doll-anyone remember her? It would have been about '69 or '70. It was the first animated doll-she didn't actually eat food like the ones in the '90s, but when you put the spoon in her mouth, her mouth would move up and down like she was eating, and her eyes would look around. When you put the bottle in her mouth, it would look like she was sucking. I thought she was the most amazing doll ever. She is still in my parents house, but she looks pretty scruffy and obviously doesn't work anymore.

    I also had the Mrs. Beasley doll, from the tv show Family Affair. She would talk when you pulled the string at her neck.

    I never had the Chrissy doll, but the girl I babysat for did. I remember she also had a ballerina doll that I loved. You pulled up on the crown on her head, and she would spin around in pirouttes and her leg would swing out. They had so many more cool dolls in my day. No wonder AGs are so popular-there really isn't much else out there for girls but Bratz and Barbies. [img]frown.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •